New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Dropbox now requires access to contacts for Google login

Tell HN: Dropbox now requires access to contacts for Google login
546 by poxobloc | 346 comments on Hacker News.
I remember I was using Google login to login to my Dropbox and in the last year or so Dropbox started asking me to access my contacts in Google. I would always deny access and still manage to successfully login. Yesterday I tried the same but with no luck. I contacted Dropbox support and this is their reply: > I'm afraid that is not possible at the time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Interesting that they chose this route when users are getting more and more privacy-aware.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Triplebyte reverses, emails apology

New best story on Hacker News: Launch HN: OutSail (YC W23) – Wingsails to reduce cargo ship fuel consumption