New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Is the market bad, or am I having the worst luck job hunting?

Ask HN: Is the market bad, or am I having the worst luck job hunting?
606 by imadkhan | 894 comments on Hacker News.
I got laid off at the start of the year, and ever since then, I've been applying constantly but have only gotten one interview. Before being laid off, I held a job as a front-end dev for the previous 5 and a half years. I've had my resume looked at by three different services (TopResume, Indeed, Levels.fyi) and am currently subscribed to Resume Worded, which scores my resume. Despite all these efforts, I keep receiving rejection emails. So, I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has had any similar experiences with applying for jobs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Triplebyte reverses, emails apology

New best story on Hacker News: Launch HN: OutSail (YC W23) – Wingsails to reduce cargo ship fuel consumption