New best story on Hacker News: Thank HN: My SaaS paid my rent this month

Thank HN: My SaaS paid my rent this month
635 by frits1993 | 154 comments on Hacker News.
Running a profitable SAAS has been my dream from the moment I wrote my first line of code. Here on HN and IndieHackers I've always looked up to the people who pay their bills with recurring revenue from their tools. I've tried, many times, to do the same, without much success. A couple of rather successful HN pitches, but none of my projects ever even paid me a beer (let alone my rent). Until this month! Last year I built myself and my girlfriend a tool. Even though I did build it for other people to use it, I had never thought someone actually would. Long story short, half a year later I provide my service to more than 5000 (fully organic) users. This month is the first month in which revenue is high enough to pay my rent with it. Disclaimer: I share my rent with my girlfriend, but it does sound cool to say. Looking back at the proces, it does match with a lot of other success stories I read over the years in the HN community. The main lesson which I can now confirm: build something that scratches your own itch. So... Thanks you guys, for keeping me motivated and inspired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Triplebyte reverses, emails apology

New best story on Hacker News: Launch HN: OutSail (YC W23) – Wingsails to reduce cargo ship fuel consumption